澳洲8最快开奖Leave a Comment
Printed Circuit Boards, or PCBs, hold a variety of functions, sizes, and industrial applications. To add electrical components to the board, PCB assemblers utilize either surface or through-hole mounting methods. PGF Technology Group prides itself on offering both PCB techniques, with optional combinations of SMT or through-hole technologies. By staying on the edge of technology, PGF continues to further integrate surface-mounting techniques to all applicable assemblies, saving both time and money. However, although the surface mounting techniques take precedent, PGF continues to provide authentic through-hole processes to best suit customer specifications. The presence of both techniques widens the PGF market, thus utilizing either process based on the most efficient solution.
The surface mounting PCB assembly method involves mounting electrical components onto the top of the printed circuit board. With surface mount technology (SMT), electrical components are installed in a simple and timely manner. The surface-mounting technique allows ample use of both sides of the board. Surface mounting SMT technologies automate the assembly process, increasing production speed while maintaining high-quality products. The Fuji and MyData machines are the two main types of machinery used to process PCBs.
- Allows for smaller PCB design, closely placed components
- Compact and lightweight
- Cost-effective with faster production time
- More efficient designs with components aligned tighter together
- More controlled manufacturing environment from automated machine technology
Through-hole mounting involves a pre-drilled hole to install and solder the electrical component to the printed circuit board. Typically used for large components, the through-hole method may also be utilized for attaching components determined incompatible with the surface mount technologies. Before SMT advanced automating technologies, the through-hole method was the main assembly practice to attach components to the board. While through-hole mounting is not as common, particularly military and aerospace industries utilize such methods to ensure durability in irregular conditions.
- With components attached through the board, such PCBs offer higher strength and reliability
- Able to endure larger amounts of external physical stressors
- Easily replaceable and thus desirable for various testing endeavors or prototyping projects
- Ability to withstand higher heat capacities
- The stronger bond between the board and the electrical components allows higher power capabilities
While offering both surface mounting and through-hole mounting techniques, PGF delivers high-quality products that meet all customer specifications promptly. Additionally, PGF offers X-Ray Evaluations and Ionograph Testing services to all customers, showcasing the company’s dedication to excellence. Learn more about the endless PGF advantages for all your PCB needs. Request a quote and experience all PGF premium services today!